Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Robin Thicke Toronto Run Down


So Manifest and I headed down to the Kool Haus last night to see Robin Thicke, doing the new CD release gig.

Going in I was expecting a lot from Mr. Thicke. Coming out I felt a bit slighted. Now see, I am not being a hater because as we all know I am a BIG fan... BUT the show was a bit of a disappointment.

He did the usuals, "Magic", "Cocaine", "Teach You a Lesson" and of course "Lost Without You" - which were all done very well. However, I am not sure if it was the venue or him but his voice couldn't be heard all the way to the back of the room. So as I weaseled my way to the front, RT was gone.

Not without an encore though, where he sang D'Angelo's "Brown Sugar" and Al Green's "Let's Stay Together"... umm the last time I checked when you do an encore it's not to sing someone elses' songs. Nonetheless, I stuck around and looked on in disbelief.

And to add insult to injury... at the end of the show he started doing his own version of Lil' Wayne's "A Milli"??? What the hell is this a karaoke bar?

So yeah, not really the best concert I've been to in ages!

No comments: