Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Weekend Run Down

Alright so there was a hundred and one things going on this past long weekend.

The first Love & Lust at EMPIRE for Original Concept's James' birthday celebration. Great concept that was followed through to the "T", music was on point but I have to wonder where the crowd was. I mean - the ones that can appreciate good music. The place was well attended and there was still enough room to dance around comfortably. I just don't understand how people show up to this type of party and not shake one leg to Stevie Wonder??? It's Stevie come on man! *Plus the 6-month pregnant woman didn't make for a pretty scene. Birthday or no birthday, it's NO place for a momsie-to-be.

Next up Maxwell concert. The ticket link didn't come through, so I have no real concert review for y'all (I am so sorry!). And I was really looking forward to that show. If anyone has details, please feel free to comment.

Last but not least, making its reappearance on the party scene everybody's favorite 90's jam Nostalgia played host to being the unofficial Maxwell after party who made an appearance in the VIP. Good looking Duane et al. - I heard the party was off-the-hook! I also heard that at 11:30 they had to lock down the doors - and there was about 1,000 people standing outside. Eeeks!

Happy thanksgiving? I think so! Here's to being thankful for everything!

No comments: