Wednesday, November 5, 2008

And So It Is... History Begins...

Well there you have it folks, when faced with adversity, together you can CHANGE. Finally the USA has smartened up and have collectively voted for the first-ever black President.

While in the restaurant with my 6-year old son I could just feel the energy of everyone around us hoping and praying that something would be different come 11pm that night. As it did when they announced that Obama had just won the state of California with 55 electoral votes... pushed Obama's seat count to 297. He won, fair and square - no recount, this was it.


America had voted Obama as their 44th President. Words could not describe how everyone felt, tears, dancing and yelling and from the mouth of a 6-year old "did the black guy win?". Outright granted this is a day that everyone in the world has been hoping for and finally it is happening. I am grateful to have shared it with my little guy!

So now on to planning my trip to DC to witness yet again another historic moment for the inauguration of President Barack Obama on January 20th, 2009. And in the good words of my friend CS "finally, someone our kids can look up to who's not a rapper or an athlete!". Couldn't have said it better myself.

Happy history/Obama/finally-change-is coming day!


No comments: