Friday, January 23, 2009

Legends Ball with Kid Capri, Slick Rick, Doug E. Fresh

Kid Capri
Sorry so late, I am really only catching up on some down time before I head back downtown to do more sight seeing. Washington has so much tourist stuff to do it's no wonder people take like 4-day tours. Here I am trying to do it in 2.

Anyway, after the Inauguration we were suppose to be heading out to LOVE. As we roll up, the entire block is empty. Not a person in sight. So we ask some lingering folks "what happened here?" Thank goodness they were kind enough to tell us that the party had been relocated (last minute mind you) to some club downtown called The PARK. So as we make our way down to the next spot, I realize that I left the receipt for the prepaid tickets back at home. It's reaching about 1:00 AM now and I am just really anxious to get off the street and into some place warm. Funny enough while standing outside of the second club I see Big Daddy Kane going in.

The bouncer at the club was adamant about seeing this receipt so I went back home. Probably about a 15 minute drive from where we were so it wasn't too bad. Finally got back, got the car valeted and again with the graces of the universe, we strolled in got our drink tickets and were in under 5 minutes.

Kid Capri was killing it with the old school and the girls and I were having a grand ole time. I haven't heard music like that in years. Check out the video with Kid Capri spinning and Bill Belamy standing in the background. My goodness Bill looks really good in person (sorry, I just had to let y'all know).

The Park had 4 floors, and the forth was reserved for VIP only. I always have this thing about paying VIP because it just seems like a money grab to me. Anyway, with my $20 admission I managed to head up to the VIP and you want to talk about celebrities. They were everywhere. Slick Rick was performing while Doug E. Fresh was beatboxing. The energy was amazing and people were all taking in the moment.


For the rest of the night, it very cool and relaxed. It felt like Hollywood was in full effect. JD, Angela Bassett, Isaiah Washington, Dana Dane and more. All without any security - not that DC wasn't the safest place to be that night. Check out the rest of the pics below.

AJ former BET Host for 106 & Park

Comedian / Actor Bill Bellamy

Actor Isaiah Washington

Hip Hop Icon Dana Dane

Akon, you know who he is.

It's the Kid Capri!

No comments: